Here are no less than 18 reasons out of the top of my mind why one could love Singapore so much🙂 I tried not to sound too biased, but it’s actually difficult when you appreciate the place…
1. It’s never cold! You can wear light clothes and stop worrying about a coat or scarf.
2. The food is excellent everywhere. And the variety is extremely large.
3. Food stalls are opened all night !! You can have a bowl of noodle soup or roti prata at anytime of the day or night!!
4. And it’s cheap!! Snack on a Pau or Curry Puff for less than 2 S$.
5. It’s super safe. Cabs will never cheat you. You will never be scared on the streets, even alone at night.
6. Singapore is extremely clean. No dog poo, gum or litter on the streets!
7. Singapore is beautiful at night. Take the time to look at the skyline and lights around the Esplanade.
8. There is always something new to do! Try a new restaurant, check out the recently-opened mall you haven’t had the chance to see yet, or jump into a cab and explore less known areas of Singapore (like MacRitchie Reservoir, Pulau Ubin, East Coast Park…).
9. Bargains !! Instead of walking up and down Orchard Road wondering why things are so expensive, go to Chinatown or Bugis for bargains.
10. Transportation is super convenient. No strikes. No delays. The MRT network is rapidly expanding (the circle line is now complete!) and the bus system is very well designed. You can get around Singapore for a very cheap fare.
11. Cultural events in Singapore happen quite often. As an Asian hub, it has become a preferred location for artists or exhibitions going on a worldwide tour. Check out concert programs on the Esplanade for example, or the MOSAIC Music Festival. Coming up soon in Singapore, no less than Lady Gaga and John Butler Trio!!
12. Singapore attracts people from all around the world. It’s a great place to meet people from all walks of life, both local and foreigners, and gather feedback from various work and personal experiences.
13. Singapore is a wonderful starting point to start exploring South-East Asia. Jump onto a Tiger Airways or Jet Star plane and organise a cheap and short get-away in a neighbouring country.
14. According to The Economist, Singapore is the best place to do business in the world. Which means great growth and networking opportunities!!
15. Settling in Singapore is easy. You can get your Employment Pass in no time, do most of the necessary paperwork online, set up a phone line in your home in 30mn, get a credit card and open a bank account in less than an hour… Isn’t that the dream?
16. Singapore streets are green. Even on the busiest streets in town, there will always be well-cut trees and vegetation on the side. Helps you cope with the stress of crowds🙂
17. Singapore’s air is not so polluted. Compared to other major cities in Asia, the air is quite clean, probably because its tall skyscrapers are not too close from one another, which helps the wind circulate.
18. Last but not least… It’s a wonderful blend of old and new… Old shophouses and colonial buildings VS sparkling new malls and modern skyscrapers. Take your pick !!
How about you, why do you love Singapore ?🙂